Friday, July 18, 2014

Small steps

Yesterday was an up and down day for me on getting information and emotions. 
In the morning Auntie called to tell me there is a concern regarding her Creatine level (which was 2.13) but they finally got a nurse that was open and talkative about mom, test, etc.
Around lunch time a doctor finally appeared in moms room, not only saw one but one that actually seem to have a plan of action to treat her.  He wanted to make sure they understood everything so far so he asked "Do you know what is going on and what the test results mean".  WOW  a doctor with good besdie manners.   Dont remember all the details but basically has a plan to get the creatine level down to keep from damaging kidneys more and find the infection.  Finding the infection point seems to be the key to everything here, I think.  ANYWAYS.....
Talk to Mom this morning and she had some nutrional drink she said was good. 
Love my job but can not wait to get home today to go by the hospital and see MOM.  So very thankful for technology to be able to talk and text when I want to but just can not wait to see her in person this afternoon. 

On a side note-  I talk to a friend today that recently lost her dad (which is who raised her, basically was just her and him all her life).  My heart breaks for her everytime I talk to her or think about her.  She is seems so lost and not sure what to do.  To all of you reading this please say an extra prayer for her to find peace and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment