Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Round 2 of Chemo

All day yesterday was spent at UK in the Whitney Hendrickson Building. We arrived for mom's appointment at 8:40.  The nurse went to draw blood thru her port to find out it has flipped.  YES, I said her port has flipped.  NO we dont know how but just that it flipped.  Chemo was given thru IV.  Lab results yesterday shows blood level is low so we are back today to get 2 units of blood. 
It is days like yesterday and today that make me appreciate the opportunity I have been given with my job.  I have the ability to work remotely when needed so I can sit with mom in her Chemo/infusion room working while she sleeps. 
Back to yesterday-  man I flip around telling stories, hope y'all can keep up.  So after she got chemo, we waited to see if we could get into interventional radiology to the get the port flipped,  no luck so instead mom came home to get her hair cut into a buzz.  When  you see her out and about now she will be sporting a hat or something to keep from burning her head. 
So far so good getting this dose.  No side effects yet. 
Well back to watching mom lay back in the recliner getting blood and working more.

Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment